On the Data model page of the Create REST Integration wizard, you can obtain REST responses for each method that you selected on the Resource methods page of the wizard. The system uses this data to generate the request and response data models for each method. For example, add a REST response if you have a live REST endpoint from which to get sample data.
- Click Add a REST response.
- Select a method from the Choose method list.
- Enter the values of individual elements under Resource path
parameters, Request headers, and Query
string parameters. The system updates the endpoint URL with the values of the resource path parameters.
The parameter and header values are applicable only for the current instance of test execution for the method that you selected in step 2.
- If you are using OAuth 2.0 with the authorization grant type to authenticate your REST
data source and if you did not connect to the OAuth 2.0 service provider on the
Connection page of the wizard, click
Connect to generate an access token. This action authenticates
and authorizes your connection with the provider and allows you to access protected
- Once you are connected to the OAuth 2.0 service provider, click Run to view the response. The default response is displayed in XML format on the Body tab, and the header information is displayed on the Headers tab.
- Click Submit to save the response. The response is listed in the Sample section and is named by using the format
<method> run. For example, if you save the response for a GET method, it is named
GET run. You can click View next to the name to see the response.
- Continue with step 2 of Defining a data model for REST integration.