You typically connect a data object to a system of record when you first create a data object. For example, for an Employee data object, you might connect to a system of record that populates the data object with employee information fields, such as Name, Department, or Start Date. However, you can connect an existing data object to a system of record after creation by completing the following steps.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Data.
- On the Data objects and integrations landing page, click a data object.
- Click the Data pages tab.
- Click Connect to system of record.The System field displays Pega as the default system.
- To connect to a Pega system of record, accept the default.
- To create a new system to connect to an external database, click Create new. For more information on connecting to a system of record using REST, see Updating connections and field mappings for a data object.
- Optional: To define your data model from a spreadsheet, click Create data
model using spreadsheet.For more information, see Creating a data model from a spreadsheet.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.