Creating an automation
Create an automation that you can use in Case Designer, flows, REST services, and activities to perform specific tasks. For example, you can configure an automation to move a case to the next stage, or to create a new case.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Activity Record Configuration page, in the Type field, select Automation.
- In the Operation field, choose the operation that you
want this automation to perform:
- To move a case to the next stage, select Change stage.
- To create a new case, select Create.
- To delete a case, select Delete.
- To read the data stored in a case, select Read.
- To update data stored in a case, select Update.
- To specify an operation that is not included in the Pega-provided list, select Other, and then in the New operation type field, enter the new operation.
- In the Label field, enter a description of the purpose of the automation.
- To change the default identifier, in the Identifier field, click Edit and then enter a unique value.
- In the Context section, in the Apply to field, press the Down Arrow key and select the class that defines the scope of the automation rule.
- In the Add to ruleset field, select the name and version of a ruleset that stores the automation rule.
- Click Create and open.
Previous topic Viewing automations Next topic Configuring inputs for an automation