To simplify automating and digitizing your business process and eliminate the need to reference external spreadsheets, create data objects by importing XLSX and CSV files. For example, users that work on App Factory can import Excel spreadsheet data to automatically track the status of customer data, invoices, and service requests.
- Create a data model for a case type or a data object:
Choices Actions Create a data model for a case type
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Case types.
- On the upper-right corner, click New.
- In the Create case type field, enter the case type name.
- In the Type field, select the type of case that you want to create.
- Expand the Advanced section.
Create a data model for a data object
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Data.
- On the upper right corner, click New.
- In the Data objects name field, enter the name for the type of information that you want to model.
- In the Define source data field, define where the data
- To set a local Pega data object, select Now, and
click Next. Then, in the
Systems list, select Pega.
By connecting to Pega database storage, you can add fields and complete your data model. When your data model is complete, and your external data sources are available, you can optionally connect to them.
- To defer defining a source system, for example if your source system is
not yet ready, select Later and click
Note: By connecting to a Pega database storage, you can add fields and complete your data model. When your data model is complete, and your external data sources are available, you can optionally connect to the available data storage system. If you select Now, you can add fields later, if you so choose. If you select Later, you can connect to your data source when it becomes available.
- To set a local Pega data object, select Now, and click Next. Then, in the Systems list, select Pega.
- To define your data model from a spreadsheet, click Create data model using spreadsheet.
- Click Next.
- On the Select file page, click Choose File.
- Navigate to your XLSX or CSV file, and then click Open.
- Click Next.
- On the Create fields page, edit the following fields to choose
and manipulate the data that is included in your final output:
- To change the columns to include in the final output, in the
Column field, select the column headers of the spreadsheet that
you want to display.
By default, all the columns are selected when the page loads.
- To change the field names for the columns, in the Field name field, make your edits.
- To change the field types that are configured for the field names, in the Field type field, edit any types that might be inconsistent with the type of information contained in the field.
- To change the columns to include in the final output, in the Column field, select the column headers of the spreadsheet that you want to display.
- Click Create.
Result: The new Data model page loads with information from the uploaded spreadsheet. For more information about the fields available in the data model, see Adding fields.
- Click Save.
- Optional: To import the data from a CSV file without recreating the mapping data model process,
in the Records tab, launch the data import wizard and select the
preexisting data template.For more information, see Importing data from a file.