Add data objects to your application to define and store data, for example, customer addresses, then integrate them with data from an external source using REST.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Data.
- Click New.
- In the Data objects name field, enter a name for the new data object.
- In the Define source data field, select Now.
- Click Next.
- In the System list, select a system of record.
- Create new – Create a new system to connect to an external database using a REST connection.
- Other system – Connect to an external database using a REST connection.
- Optional: If you want to create a data model by using a spreadsheet, see Creating a data model from a spreadsheet.
- Click Submit.
- In the Connection section, choose whether to connect to an
endpoint URL or an OpenAPI specification.
Choices Action Enter endpoint URL
- In the Method field, choose the connection method, GET or POST.
- In the Endpoint URL field, enter the enter the endpoint URL of the data.
- In the Parameters section, choose
which parts of the URL are dynamic and need to be parameterized for future
- Select the URL part that you want to parameterize.
- In the Parameter name field, enter the name.
- In the Headers section, click Add header to specify a request header and its value. Some services require extra information, for example, API version.
- Specify and configure the authentication method. For more information, see Providing authentication details.
- Advance to the Data mapping page. For more information, see Mapping fields for data pages.
- For more information about connecting to an OpenAPI Specification, see Integrating with a REST API by using OpenAPI Specification.
- Click Next to advance to the Data mapping page. For more information, see Mapping fields for data pages.