Use the Mapping tab to define Parse XML rules using a graphical tree control. The tree structure allows you to define how the parsed XML data will be mapped to the clipboard values referenced in the individual tree nodes.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Integration-Mapping category, and then click Parse XML.
- Click the row of a Parse XML rule to open it.
- On the Mapping tab, to enable the XML data to be edited using the tree control, select Allow tree editing?
- To add an attribute to the selected element, click Add Attribute.
- To add a child element to the selected element, click Add Element.
- To delete an element or attribute and all of its child elements or attributes, click Delete.
- Double-click a tree node to display the User Data window for the node.
- In the User Data window, in the Node Name
field, enter the attribute or element name that the generated parsing code searches
for.You can set this value to _any_ to indicate that the generated parsing code is to search for any attribute or element node at this location in the tree.
- In the Node Type field, specify if the selected node is an Element or Attribute.
- Configure the Mapping, Node, and Type tabs. For more information, see the following documentation:
Parser Steps (Deprecated): These fields are deprecated. For an explanation of these fields, see Parse XML form — Completing the Mapping tab (Version 5.4 fields).
Parse Type (Deprecated): This field is deprecated. For an explanation of these fields, see Parse XML form — Completing the Mapping tab (Version 5.4 fields).