After upgrading your application to the latest version of Pega Platform, you might need to make changes to existing data pages. To ensure that data pages behave as expected after an upgrade, Pega Platform restricts you from making changes to a data page that are not backwards compatible with the previous version of the data page.
To learn which changes are restricted, review the following information:
- If you change the class of the data page, the new class must inherit from
the original class of the data page. This restriction applies if you
overwrote a data page in the previous application, and then overwrote it in
another application before upgrading.
For example, you overwrite a data page that was originally part of the Customer class and changed the class to the Customer-Data class, which inherits from the Customer class. When you overwrite the data page again, you must choose a class that inherits from the Customer-Data class.
- Do not change the structure of the data page, for example, from a Page structure to a List structure.
- If the data page has parameters, do not make the following changes:
- Change the type of parameter
- Add new required parameters
- Remove parameters
- If the scope of your data page is Node, do not change the scope.
- The following restrictions apply to changing the mode of a data page:
Mode Change to Read-only allowed Change to Editable allowed Change to Savable allowed Read-only ✔ ✔ Editable X ✔ Savable X X