Import data from anywhere in your application without navigating to the Data Designer.
- Run the pxImportRecordsAPI activity to import data outside
of the Data Designer with the following parameters:
- dataImportPage– The page that contains all
of the details required to upload data records for import. This
page contains the following information:
- pyImportPurpose– Purpose of the data import.
- pyDataImportClass– Class in which records are imported.
- pyClassName– Class in which records are imported (same as pyDataImportClass).
- pyDataImportFilePath– Location of the .csv file from which records are imported.
- pyFieldMappingsForAPI– Page List property of the Embed-FieldMapping class that holds the mapping between the .csv file and the class property.
- pyListSeparator– The type of list separator that splits the records in the .csv file.
- pyLocale– The locale that is used to display the messages about the data import process.
- pyID– Unique ID of the data import process.
- isAsynchronous– Boolean value that identifies whether the data import process is asynchronous or synchronous.
- processID– Unique ID that allows you to check the data import progress. If you want to pass this ID, set its value in the dataImportPage to pyID'; otherwise, the pxImportRecordsAPI activity creates a new ID.
- errorFile– The name of the .csv file containing the erroneous records that the system encountered while processing the data for import.
- dataImportPage– The page that contains all of the details required to upload data records for import. This page contains the following information:
- Optional: To see the progress of the data import, call the
D_pxDataImportProgress data page by passing the value
of processID for your data import.
Note: You can also use the pxImportRecordsAPI activity when you import data in the Data Designer. For more information, see Processing records and data before and after import.