Enable users to take action on a work item while the system is loading other content by configuring data pages to load asynchronously. When users are able to continue interacting with a case while data is loading in the background, productivity increases and application efficiency is improved.
The following task describes how to load data pages asynchronously by using a section that is sourced from a data page. This method is useful if you want users to be able to interact with the UI while the data loads, and if the user does not need the data immediately to complete their task.
Alternatively, you can perform one of the following procedures:
- Use the Load-DataPage step method in an activity, and then wait for the data page to load by using the Connect-Wait step method. This method is useful for loading multiple data pages in the background. For more information, see Load-DataPage and Connect-Wait.
- Add the Load Data Page automation to a flow. This method is useful if you want a data page to load at a specific stage in a case lifecycle. For more information, see Creating a stand-alone process.
- Create a new section or open an existing section.
Choices Actions Create a new section Follow the steps in Creating sections. Open an existing section
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the User Interface category, and then click Section.
- On the Instances of Section page, click the section from which you want to load a data page asynchronously.
- On the Design tab, in the section from which you want to load a data page asynchronously, click View properties.
- In the Layout Properties window, on the General tab, in the Page context field, select Use data page.
- In the field that the system displays, press the Down arrow key to select the data page
that you want to load asynchronously.
For example: D_GetCustomerDetails
- If the data page you select accepts parameters, then the parameters display in the Data page parameters section, with a field into which you can enter the values that you want to pass to the parameters.
- Select the Defer load contents check box.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.