If your node type is Attribute, map the attributes in your XML to properties in Pega Platform.
- On the Mapping tab of the User Data window, choose the method used to map XML attributes to properties.
- In the Context Page field, specify a page listed on the
Pages & Classes tab to be used as the target for
parsed XML data values.You can also specify an embedded Page, Page List, or Page Group property of the node’s context class. Use a Page List or Page Group property for mapping when the Repeating flag is set on the Node tab of the User Data panel. If a Page Group property is used, the name of the parsed attribute or element is used as the group subscript value. This is useful when _any_ is specified as the Node Name value.
- In the Override Class field, if Context Page is set to a Page, Page List, or Page Group property, specify the concrete class that will be used when mapping XML to the embedded page.
- In the Context Class field, Read-only. Lists the class of the page or property on the Context Page field. If a context page is not specified on the selected node, the value defaults to the context class of the selected node parent. The context class of the root node is the class that the parse rule applies to.
- In the Property field, specify a Single Value, Value
List, or Value Group property to map the character data of the XML node. If a
Value Group property is used, the name of the parsed attribute or element is
used as the group subscript value. This is useful when
_any_ is specified as the Node Name value.This field only applies to Standard and Literal XML mapping modes.
- To specify if you want to use the property in step 5 as the group subscript value, select Group Subscript.
- Click OK to close the User Data
window, or click the Node tab to continue configuring the
node.For more information, see Configuring XML tree node properties for a Parse XML rule.