When developing mobile and client applications that are powered by any Pega API, use the following best practices to ensure the best end-user experience.
- Familiarize yourself with the Pega application data model so that you can correctly format requests and understand responses from the Pega API.
- Make it easy for users to specify a host system, for example:
- Prompt users to enter host information for their application when they install the application or use it for the first time.
- Provide a Gear icon that opens a configuration details page on which users can enter the system host name.
- Enable TLS to secure connections to the Pega API from a mobile or web application.
- Authenticate users.
- Use the authenticate API to provide a login page to authenticate mobile or web application users by allowing them to use their application credentials.
- Transmit user credentials by using basic authentication for every API call.
- Parse messages. Create JSON request messages and parse JSON response messages.