You can use the following methods when you configure Service REST rules.
- GET – Retrieve the current state of the data.
- POST – Create a data object. For example, you can create a new contact for a new employee.
- PUT – Update an entire data object. For example, you can change all the information contained in a contact, such as name, phone number, and address.
- PATCH – Partially update a data object, for example, to change the last name of a contact.
- DELETE – Delete the data object.
For each method, you map data for the request, and then specify how the service rule constructs the response that Pega Platform sends in reply to the request.