To avoid development delays, use simulated data when a data source is unavailable.
- Create some sample data for your application. For more information, refer to
Creating a data type in Dev Studio.You can provide the sample data from a lookup, a data transform, or a load activity. The sample data should include values to populate all the properties that the page, section, or other component referencing the data page requires.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Data Model category, and then click Data Page.
- Click the data page of interest that the application will reference.
- In the Definition tab, in the Data Sources section, select the Simulate data source check box.
- In the System name field, enter or select the name of the system to use for simulated data.
- Click Save.