Ensure that your automation returns the expected results by simulating a response. You can define values for your automation outputs and then test them before running the automation in an application that you are developing.
You cannot simulate a response for Page or Page List outputs. To simulate a JSON response, see Simulating a JSON response in automations.
- Create a new automation or open an existing automation.
Choices Actions Create a new automation Follow the steps in Creating an automation. Open an existing automation
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Technical category and click Activity.
- Locate the automation for which you want to simulate a
response and click in its row.Automations have the activity type AUTOMATION.
- Click .
- Click the Implementation tab.
- In the Map to column, define values for each output that you want to simulate.
- Click Save.
- Click .
- In the Run Automation window, click