You can test a Parse Delimited rule directly, separate from the activity or other context in your application in which it eventually operates.
- Save the Parse Delimited rule that you want to unit test.
- Click .
Result: A guided test window opens.
- Select a radio button to indicate the source of the test data.
- If the data is to be entered directly, type or paste the data into the text area.
- If the data is in a local file, click Choose File and navigate to the file. Then, click Open.
- If the test data is in a text file rule, enter all three key parts of the rule that are separated by periods.
- Click Execute to evaluate the rule.
Result: An XML document is displayed in a new window, showing properties and the corresponding parsed values. The clipboard is not altered; no properties are updated.