To keep connection details current, reconnect data pages to a data source when connection details have changed. You can update existing connection details and field mappings, for example, if the authentication method has changed, or the schema of the data being sent has changed.
- The JSON data transform or connector is opened and saved in Dev Studio.
- The normal response data transform is modified in Dev Studio so that it no longer references only one updatable JSON data transform.
- The data page is modified in Dev Studio in any of the
- The data page no longer references a normal data transform as the response data transform.
- The data page references a request data transform.
- The connector parameters for the data source are obtained from the current parameter page (Pass current parameter page is set to true).
Data sources created in Dev Studio can only be updated in Dev Studio.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Data.
- In the Data pages column of a data object, click a data page.
- On the Data pages tab, in the row of the data page that
you want to configure, and choose from the following options:
Choices Action Your data object is not connected to a system of record
- Click Connect to system of record.
- Optional: If you want to create a data model by using a spreadsheet,
in the Configure source options dialog
box, click Create data model using
spreadsheet. For more information, see Creating a data model from a spreadsheet.
Your data object is connected to Pega database storage or an external source, such as REST, and you want to update the source In the row of the data page with the source that you want to replace, click.
- In the Connection details window, in the
System field, select a system of record.
- Create new - Create a new system to connect to an external database by using a REST connection. Then, enter a name and a description for the new system.
- Use an existing system - Select the name of an existing system to connect to an external database by using a REST connection.
- In the Connection section, choose whether to connect to an
endpoint URL or an OpenAPI specification.
Choices Action Enter endpoint URL
- In the Method field, choose the connection method, GET or POST.
- In the Endpoint URL field, enter the enter the endpoint URL of the data.
- In the Parameters section, choose
which parts of the URL are dynamic and need to be parameterized for future
- Select the URL part that you want to parameterize.
- In the Parameter name field, enter the name.
- In the Headers section, click Add header to specify a request header and its value. Some services require extra information, for example, API version.
- In the Authentication section, select the type of authentication to use to connect to the system of record.
- Optional: Update the data mapping as needed.For information, see Mapping fields for data pages.
- For more information about connecting to an OpenAPI Specification, see Integrating with a REST API by using OpenAPI Specification.
- Click Next to advance to the Data mapping page. For more information, see Mapping fields for data pages.
- Optional: On the Environment settings page, update the settings
details for your production environment.For more information, see Preparing your data for production.
- Click Submit.