View the data model for a case to explore single values, data objects and relationships to check whether they meet the needs of your business.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types.
- Click the case type for which you want to view the data model.
- On the Data model tab, click View data
Tip: You can also access the Visual Data Model from the Integration Designer by clicking Data. Then, in the Data model section, click View. Result: The right side of the Data model screen shows a diagram of the case types and data objects in your application, and how they are connected. The fields that apply to the case type are displayed in the left pane.
- Explore the data model by using the following options:
- To search for a field, enter the field name in the search box in the
left pane and press Enter.
The search results show a list of matching fields and indicate the case type that uses the field. In the right pane, case types with a matching field are displayed in dark gray. Hover over a field in the search results to highlight the matching case type in the right pane.
- To open the Data Designer for a case or data object, click the case or data object in the diagram and click Open in the left pane.
- To view the relationships that can be used in reports, click .
- To search for a field, enter the field name in the search box in the left pane and press Enter.