You can build a SOAP service based on your own schema, rather than on Pega Platform definitions. By building a SOAP service this way, the generated WSDL file references the original XML schema document (XSD).
After you import the schema into Pega Platform, write a SOAP service based on the rules generated by the schema import.
- Create a new SOAP service or open an existing SOAP service.
Choices Actions Create a new SOAP service Follow the steps in Creating a Service SOAP rule. Open an existing SOAP service
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Integration-Services category, and then click Service SOAP.
- Click the row of the SOAP service that you want to open.
- Click Request tab.
- In the Request parameters section, in the Data type field, select XML Literal.
- In the Map to field, select XML ParseRule.
- In the Map to key field, press the Down arrow key to
select the XML ParseRule that the Connector and Metadata wizard created during
the XSD import process.You must provide both the second and third key parts of the XML ParseRule.
- Click the Response tab.
- In the Response parameters section, in the Data type field, select XML Literal.
- In the Map from field, select XML ParseRule.
- In the Map from key field, select the XML Stream rule that the Connector and Metadata wizard generated during the XSD import process.
- Click Save.