Changing database column length by using the Integration Designer
Edit the column length in a table in your internal database for properties that are associated with data objects.You change a column length by deleting the field, and then adding the field back with a new length. By updating the Pega Platform database through Data Types, you can use the same functionality as by updating your database directly. Updating your database through data types gives Pega Cloud clients another option to manage their database.
- Click the data object for which you want to change a database column length.
- On the Data model tab, click Delete next to the field that you want to change.
- Confirm that you want to delete this field and its associated column by clicking OK.
- Click Add field.
- Enter the field name.
- Click Advanced.
- To provide additional details for the field, fill in the ID and Description fields,
- In the Max length field, enter the field length.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.
- Adding a database column by using the Data Type explorer in Dev Studio
Add a database column to your internal database by editing the columns in the Data Type Records tab.
Previous topic Adding a database column by using the Data Type explorer in Dev Studio Next topic Data objects overview