Changing the type of a field
To store data in a different format, change the type of a field.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Data.
- Click the data object that defines the field.
- On the Data model tab, in the row of the field that you want to update, click Edit this property.
- In the Type field, click Change, and then select a field type from the list.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.
When changing a field type, if you experience a validation issue, perform one of the following actions:
- Resolve the validation issue by following the instructions in the error message. For more information, see Troubleshooting field errors.
- If you are unable to troubleshoot the validation issue, delete the existing field, and then add a new field that is configured with the type that you want.
Previous topic Renaming a data object Next topic Troubleshooting field errors