After you configure your data type and your automation has been built, you can configure the data page to be sourced from an attended robotic automation, formerly known as a robotic desktop automation.
The automation is invoked only when the data page is requested from a browser; that is, the data page must be the source for a control in the user interface. The automation is not invoked if it is referred to by an activity or other rule running on the server.
- In Dev Studio, from the Data types explorer, expand the data type that you created in the previous task, and click the data page that you want to source from an attended robotic automation.
- In the Source field, click Robotic desktop automation.
- In the Robotic automation name field, select the robotic automation that was imported from the Pega Robot Studio.
- In the Timeout(s) field, enter the length of time that the data page should wait for automation to complete before timing out.
- In the Request data transform field, enter the request
data transform to use to provide input data to the robot.At run time, the system only sends the fields that you set for the RequestParameters page to the robot. Set the fields that you want passed into the data page by using the Set action on the Definition tab of the request data transform.
- To specify values for parameters you want to pass into the data page, or to pass the current parameter page, click Parameters.
- In the Response data transform field, enter the response
data transform to use to convert the results returned from the robot to the
logical model used by the data page.
- To specify values for the parameters in the response, or to pass the current parameter page, click Parameters.
- Optional: To write data back to the application with which the robot is interacting,
configure a save plan by performing the following actions:
- In the Data page definition section, in the Mode field, select Savable.
- In the Data save options section, in the Save type field, select Robotic desktop automation.
- In the Robotic automation name field, select the name of the automation that writes the data back to the application.
- Click Save.