Define specific outputs in an automation rule to create a contract so that users understand how to use your API. The outputs define the data that the system returns to an external application.
- Create a new automation or open an existing automation.
Choices Actions Create a new automation Follow the steps in Creating an automation. Open an existing automation
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Technical category and click Activity.
- Locate the automation for which you want to simulate a JSON
response and click in its row.Automations have the AUTOMATION activity type.
- On the Definition tab, in the
Outputs section, in the Name
field, enter a name for the output.
For example: Automation errors. Result: The system automatically populates the ID field with the name that you enter in the Name field.
- Optional: Edit the name in the ID field.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the output parameter.
- In the Data type field, select the data type of the output parameter.
- The following data types have additional configuration options:
Data type Configuration
- Page List
In the Options / Page class field, enter or select the class to which this output belongs. Text For more information on configuring text outputs, see Configuring validation for text inputs and outputs in automations.
- Optional: To add additional outputs, click Add output.
- Optional: To delete an output, click Delete.
- Click Save.