Add data objects to your application to define and store data, for example, customer addresses, then integrate them with data from an external source using REST.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Data.
- Click New.
- In the Data objects name field, enter a name for the new data object.
- Click the arrow in the Advanced section to expand the section.
- In the Reuse assets from field, select the class to set the inheritance for the data object.
- In the Define source data field, select Now.
- Click Next.
- In the System list, select a system of record.
- Create new – Create a new system to connect to an external database using a REST connection.
- Other system – Connect to an external database using a REST connection.
- Optional: If you want to create a data model by using a spreadsheet, see Creating a data model from a spreadsheet.
- Click Submit.
- In the Connection section, choose whether to connect to an
endpoint URL or an OpenAPI specification.
Choices Action Enter endpoint URL
- In the Method field, choose the connection method, GET or POST.
- In the Endpoint URL field, enter the enter the endpoint URL of the data.
- In the Parameters section, choose
which parts of the URL are dynamic and need to be parameterized for future
- Select the URL part that you want to parameterize.
- In the Parameter name field, enter the name.
- In the Headers section, click Add header to specify a request header and its value. Some services require extra information, for example, API version.
- Specify and configure the authentication method. For more information, see Providing authentication details.
- Advance to the Data mapping page. For more information, see Mapping fields for data pages.
- For more information about connecting to an OpenAPI Specification, see Integrating with a REST API by using OpenAPI Specification.
- Click Next to advance to the Data mapping page. For more information, see Mapping fields for data pages.
- Providing authentication details
Configure how to authenticate with your system of record.
- Mapping fields for data pages
Select the data that your application needs for processing by mapping fields from the REST request and response to the data page. By using the visual data mapper, you can easily choose the items in your request or response and drag the items to the corresponding fields in your application.
- Integrating with a REST API by using OpenAPI Specification
Simplify your integration with a REST API by connecting to an OpenAPI Specification. By using the complete, accurate schema that is published in your OpenAPI Specification, you can easily create and update data sources in Pega Platform.
- Preparing your data for production
To avoid corruption of production data during development, create different environments for your data.