You can create data sources in your application from the operations in external SOAP services. Many service providers make their assets available by using the SOAP standard, and you can use these assets in Pega Platform by creating a SOAP integration.
- To begin creating a SOAP Integration, in the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Provide a WSDL document.
- Select operations for SOAP integration.
- Generate records for SOAP integration.
- Review the record generation summary.
- Providing a WSDL document for SOAP integration
On the Load WSDL page of the Create SOAP Integration wizard, provide a WSDL document that describes the external SOAP service.
- Selecting operations for SOAP integration
The system analyzes the WSDL document that you provided and suggests the service name, port name, endpoint URL, and operations on the Select Operations page of the Create SOAP Integration wizard. You can revise this information and select the operations that you want to use for your SOAP integration. The system creates one data source for each operation that you select.
- Generating records for SOAP integration
Review and update the information for your SOAP integration before generating records to provision the integration.
- Reviewing the record generation summary
On the Generation Summary page of the Create SOAP Integration wizard, review the records that were created for your SOAP integration and their location. You can review the record generation summary when the record generation is in progress and after the records are generated.