There are some limitations when you are mapping JSON properties to REST response and request properties. The Data Object wizard displays an error message when a mapping is invalid.
- If properties are in different nesting levels, they must be mapped to the same nesting level, for example, if a property on the left is in a sub-object, you cannot map it to a top-level property on the right. You can only map it to a second-level nested property.
- Scalar properties must be mapped to scalar properties.
- List properties must be mapped to list properties.
- You cannot map two properties to the same property. If you try to do it, the last property mapped is used.
- There are some limitations on types of properties that can be mapped to one another, for example, you cannot map a string to an integer.
- The only supported date format is the Pega date format.