To optimize data page performance and memory use, manage how the system responds when a requestor attempts to access a data page, or enable paging on the server for data pages that are sourced from a grid.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Data Model category, and then click Data Page.
- Click the row of the data page that you want to open.
- Click the Load Management tab.
- To force the system to delete the clipboard instances of the data page after an
interval passes with no access, in the Page options
section, select Clear pages after non-use. Select this option to discard read-only, node-level and requestor-level data pages from the clipboard. Subsequent attempts by a requestor to access the data pages cause the pages to reload.
Selecting this option displays different effects, depending on the scope of the data page:
- Requestor – The data page instance that is created when any thread refers to the data page is removed when no more threads refer to it.
- Node – The system checks the Reload if older than fields on the Load Management tab of the data page rule. If the fields are blank, the system uses the value of the dynamic system setting DeclarePages/DefaultIdleTimeSeconds, which is set by default to 86400 seconds, or one day.
- If you are using parameters in your data page, to overwrite existing data page instances with a new instance each time the system references the data page, click Limit to a single data page.
- If you are using a savable data page, to invalidate the data page instance
after you save it, click Invalidate the page after a successful
- Click Save.