Defining the mapping for an XML Stream rule
Use the tree structure on the Mapping tab to define how the clipboard values referenced in the individual tree nodes will be converted to XML stream data.
Double-click a tree node to display the User Data panel for the node.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Integration-Mapping category, and then click XML Stream.
- Click the row of an XML Stream rule to open it.
- On the Mapping tab, to enable the XML data to be edited using
the tree control, select Allow tree editing?If the XML is autogenerated, this check box is selected by default.
- To add a mapping for an XML attribute, select the element that you want to add an attribute to, and then click Add Attribute.
- To add a child element to the selected element, click Add Element.
- To delete an element or attribute and all of its child elements or attributes, click Delete.
- Double-click a tree node to display the User Data window for the node.
- In the User Data window, in the Node Name field, enter the attribute or element name that appears in the generated XML stream content.
- In the Node Type field, specify if the selected node is an Element or Attribute.
- Configure the Mapping, Node, and Type tabs. For more information, see the following documentation:
- Mapping attributes and elements in an XML Stream rule
XML Stream rules allow you to map both element and attribute nodes to clipboard pages. Map the elements and attributes in your XML to properties in Pega Platform.
- Configuring the node for an XML Stream rule
Configure nodes for element or attribute node types to be included in the tree structure.
- Configuring the XSD type for an XML Stream rule
Define the XSD type details for a tree node in an XML Stream rule.
Previous topic Creating an XML Stream rule Next topic Mapping attributes and elements in an XML Stream rule