Deleting data records in bulk
To remove data records more quickly, make your changes in bulk by importing a .csv file.
- Upload the file.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Data.
- Click a data object.
- Click the Records tab, and then click Import.
- In the Purpose list, select Delete.
- Click Choose File.
- Navigate to your .csv file, and then click Open.
- Click Next.
- Map a column in your file to the key field in the data
object.For example, your file may identify employees by Staff ID but your data object stores this information in the Employee ID field. If your data object has multiple key fields, repeat the following steps for each field.
- In the Match existing records by field, press the Down Arrow key, and then select the column in your file that uniquely identifies each data record.
- Click Select, and then double-click
the field in the data object that corresponds to the column.
Tip: To narrow the list of fields, enter text in the Search field, and then click outside the field.
- Click Next.
- Click Import.
- If there are failures displayed in the Current
import statistics section, resolve them.
- Click Download.
- Follow the instructions in the .csv file to fix the rows that have errors.
- Close the Import progress dialog box, and then retry the import process with your updated file.
- Click Finish.
Previous topic Deleting a data object Next topic Change the type of property rule in a higher ruleset version