Many organizations are transitioning to more secure email protocols, such as Microsoft Graph. Before you switch the email protocol in your Pega Platform email integration to Microsoft Graph, you must make sure that the system completely processes all your current email messages.
If you change the email protocol from IMAP or POP3 to Microsoft Graph, Microsoft Graph does not process email messages that the email listener marked as read but did not finish processing before the change.
Use the Log-Service-Email table to confirm that the system processed all in-flight email messages.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click App.
- In the search field, enter and select Log-Service-Email.
- Click Log-Service-Email to open the table.
- Review the Processing Status column and Error
reason column for in-flight messages.
- The status of in-flight messages is Processing in the Processing Status column.
- In-flight messages are indicated by Message ID not found in the Error reason column.
If you switched your email protocol to Microsoft Graph before checking the Log-Service-Email table for in-flight messages, complete the following steps:
- Identify the unprocessed messages by reviewing the information in the Error reason column, and the time stamp at which the system last updated the messages.
- Open the inbox and manually mark the unprocessed messages as unread.
- Switch your email protocol to Microsoft Graph.
The next time the email listener wakes up, it processes the messages you marked as unread.
For more information about switching email protocols, see Configuring outbound email in Dev Studio.