- In App Studio, click Data.
- In the Data model section, click
Tip: You can navigate the diagram by dragging it across the screen and using the scroll button.
- Explore the data model by using the following options:
- To view the fields that are related to a specific item, for example, embedded data
in a case, click the node in the diagram to expand it.
The model lists the related fields and highlights the relationships, and the left panel expands to show the fields that are associated with the highlighted items.
- To search for a field, for example, Address, enter the field
name in the search box in the left panel and press Enter.
The search results show a list of matches and indicate the location of the field. Hovering over a result highlights the location in the model.
- To open the Data model tab for a specific case or data
object, click the item in the diagram, and then, in the left pane, click
Tip: Alternatively, you can double-click the item.
- To add fields to a highlighted item, in the left pane, click the Create new field icon.
- To edit or remove a field, hover over it, and the select one of the options.
For example: The following figure shows a data model with a mortgage request case type highlighted:
- To view the fields that are related to a specific item, for example, embedded data in a case, click the node in the diagram to expand it.
The visual data model provides a holistic overview of the data in your application. The left pane displays case types and data objects in your application. The main area shows a diagram of the case types and data objects and how they are connected (A case icon marks case types).