After you enable the built-in Business Intelligence Exchange (BIX) rule set on Pega Platform, you can run the BIX extraction processes from the Extract rule to extract class data from your application. Create an Extract rule to define the class data to extract from your application using the Business Intelligence Exchange (BIX) ruleform.
- For more detailed information about running a BIX extraction in Pega Cloud, including obtaining extract files from the Pega Cloud File Storage Repository, see Overview of BIX extractions in Pega Cloud environments.
- For more detailed information about running a BIX extraction in on-premises applications, see Overview of BIX extractions in on-premises systems.
Specify BIX extractions at the class level, not at the application level. For example, if you have three case types in your application and would like to extract data for each, you must define an Extract rule for each of the three case types.
You can specify the properties in each class of your application that you want to extract. You can extract all properties, including Value Lists, Value Groups, and multiple levels of embedded Pages, Page Lists, and Page Groups. The BIX extraction for a class can include any or all properties inherited by that class from other classes. You can also filter the data to be extracted, extracting only the data that matches the conditions you set.
The data contained in these properties can be extracted to an XML file, to a Comma Separated Values (CSV) file, or to one or more tables in a relational database.
- Enable the BIX ruleset. For details, see Enabling the BIX ruleset.
- Create a new Extract rule from the New tab. For details, see
Creating and running an Extract rule.Pega Platform does not support extracting to a Teradata database due to performance issues with the metadata queries that are common in BIX extractions.
- Specify the class properties to be extracted on the Definition tab.
- Establish any filters for the data on the Filter Criteria tab. For details, see Creating and running an Extract: Filter Criteria.
- Specify the destination for the extraction process on the File Specification tab.
- Run the Extract rule. Running a BIX extraction through a Job Scheduler rule is recommended for production environments. For details, see Using the Job Scheduler rule to extract data with BIX.
- Review BIX logs. For details, see BIX logging.
- Consider performance enhancements. For details see, Optimizing BIX data extraction performance.