Importing data by using an API
Import data from anywhere in your application without navigating to the Data Designer.
- Run the pxImportRecordsAPI activity to import data outside
of the Data Designer with the following parameters:
- dataImportPage– The page that contains all
of the details required to upload data records for import. This
page contains the following information:
- pyImportPurpose– Purpose of the data import.
- pyDataImportClass– Class in which records are imported.
- pyClassName– Class in which records are imported (same as pyDataImportClass).
- pyDataImportFilePath– Location of the .csv file from which records are imported.
- pyFieldMappingsForAPI– Page List property of the Embed-FieldMapping class that holds the mapping between the .csv file and the class property.
- pyListSeparator– The type of list separator that splits the records in the .csv file.
- pyLocale– The locale that is used to display the messages about the data import process.
- pyID– Unique ID of the data import process.
- isAsynchronous– Boolean value that identifies whether the data import process is asynchronous or synchronous.
- processID– Unique ID that allows you to check the data import progress. If you want to pass this ID, set its value in the dataImportPage to pyID'; otherwise, the pxImportRecordsAPI activity creates a new ID.
- errorFile– The name of the .csv file containing the erroneous records that the system encountered while processing the data for import.
- dataImportPage– The page that contains all of the details required to upload data records for import. This page contains the following information:
- Optional: To see the progress of the data import, call the
D_pxDataImportProgress data page by passing the value
of processID for your data import.
Note: You can also use the pxImportRecordsAPI activity when you import data in the Data Designer. For more information, see Processing records and data before and after import. Previous topic Processing records and data before and after import Next topic Adding data import functionality to your application