When adding a section to a layout, you can pass parameters to the data page that the section invokes for its properties by completing the following task.
- Create a new section or open an existing section.
Choices Actions Create a new section Follow the steps in Creating sections. Open an existing section
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the User Interface category, and then click Section.
- On the Instances of Section page, click the section from which you want to pass parameters to a data page.
- On the Design tab, on the section from which you want to pass parameters to a data page, click View properties.
- In the Layout Properties window, on the General tab, in the Page context field, select Use data page.
- In the field that the system displays, press the Down arrow key to select a data page with parameters.
- Enter the values that you want to pass to the parameters.
- Enter relevant information in the remaining fields, then click
Submit. For more information on these fields, see Presentation Tab.