- In the DocuSign Developers portal, create a template, and then note the template ID.
- In the DocuSign Developers portal, create recipient roles for the template.
Remember: When you use a template to send a document, roles are placeholders that help to determine the parties involved in the signing process, for example, Applicant, Client, and Sales Rep, without providing personal information. You also simplify template reuse because recipients might vary each time you send an envelope. The following figure shows a sample role in a DocuSign template:
Enable support for DocuSign templates in your Pega Platform application by adjusting the pyPrepareNewEnvelope data transform configuration.
- Find and open the pyPrepareNewEnvelope data transform.
- On the Definition tab, under data transform step
2.4, set the ID of the template that you want
Step Action Target Source 2.4.3 Set .pyTemplateID Select which DocuSign template to use by providing the corresponding template ID.
- Add a template role, and then associate the role with a recipient:
- For the data transform step that you created in task step 2,
add a sibling data transform step for creating a top-level page as a
container for the role and the associated recipient:
Action Target Source Append and Map to .pyTemplateRoles Select a new page.
- For the top-level page, specify the role name, and then provide the
recipient information by adding the following child steps:
Note: Consider the following points:
- You can skip setting the recipient details through the .pyName and .pyEmail properties for a role if you already defined these details in the template.
- You can add one recipient per role only.
Action Target Source Set .pyRoleName
Enter a role name.
For example "Sales Rep".
Note: The role name that you enter must match the corresponding role name in the DocuSign Developers portal. Set .pyName
Provide the full legal name of the recipient.
For example, "Kyle Reese".
Provide the email address of the recipient.
For example, "[email protected]".
- To add more roles to the template, repeat task steps 3.a through 3.b.
- For the data transform step that you created in task step 2, add a sibling data transform step for creating a top-level page as a container for the role and the associated recipient:
- Disable data transform step 2.4.12 that sets the .pyRecipients page through the pyAssignRecipientsToEnvelope data transform.
- Confirm your settings by clicking Save.
For example: The following figure shows the selection of data transform steps that you must configure in your application to use templates in your digital signature workflow:
- Bypass the envelope validation by performing the following actions:
- Save the pyValidateEnvelope activity as part of your application ruleset.
- Configure the activity to end after the activity first step.
- Save the activity.