To search for data objects that are stored on a remote system, specify a searchable
data page. A request JSON queries the searchable data page source and provides the results.
For example, a customer service representative searches for a customer record by using the
customer phone number. The results are populated from a remote system.
Before you begin: To specify a searchable data page, you must set the
following parameters on the Definition tab of the data page rule
- Structure – Set to List
- Mode – Set to Read-only
- Scope – Set to Thread or Requestor
- Data source – Set to one of the following data
- REST connector
- Data transform
- Aggregate sourcesNote: All aggregate sources must be a REST connector,
data transform, or activity.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio,
- Expand the Data Model category, and then click
- Click on the row of the data page that you want to open.
- On the Definition tab, in the Query
Options section, select the Allow query using a JSON
object (recommended for queries using many fields) check
- Click Save.