Configure the Dev Studio migration settings to build a framework for your Business Operations environment and to run tests on a sample set of migrated production data.
Before you begin
Create a repository for storing the data during migration from the production environment to the Business Operations environment. The repository must be visible by these two environments. For more information, see File and content storage.
Configuring data migration
Specify the data to transfer for simulations and generate artifacts to use in testing.
- In Dev Studio, click .
- On the Data Migration landing page, in the Data to transfer field, enter the name of the class with customer data that you want to use as the source of production data for simulations, for example, DMOrg-DMSample-Data-Customer.
- Move the Sample size to transfer slider to a position that represents the percentage of data that you want to migrate to the Business Operations environment, for example, 12%.
- For on-premises configurations, in the Storage section, in the Repository field, enter the name of the repository that you want to use to store the data before importing into the Business Operations environment.
- In the Supporting artifacts section, select an open ruleset and version in which you want to save the artifacts for the data transfer.
- Confirm the migration settings by clicking
Result: When you save the configuration a set of migration artifacts is generated, including:
- Sampling data sets and data flows
- File repository data sets
- Data export data flows
- Data import data flows
The following figure shows a configuration example:.
- In the Supporting artifacts section, verify the migration artifacts by clicking , and then analyzing the records that were generated.
You have configured the data migration settings and generated sample artifacts. You can now migrate the data to the Business Operations environment.
What to do next
Promote the application in the production and Business Operations environments. For more information, see Migrating an entire application from the development system.
To view the main process outline for this tutorial, see Configuring the system for running simulations of decision strategies.