During processing of an event strategy, the Window shape does not emit events even though the period of time for keeping events has expired.
This condition occurs when the Real-Time Data shape in the event strategy is configured to use the event time as the time provider instead of the system time. In this case, the Window shape does not emit shapes automatically after the time period for keeping events has expired. Instead, the Window shape emits events only when new events arrive. For example, if the Window shape is scheduled to emit events at 12:30:00, it does so only when an event with its time property equal to 12:30:00 or later arrives at that shape.
To eliminate this condition, configure the Real-Time Data shape in the event strategy to use the system time as the time provider for events.
- In the Explorer panel of Designer Studio, click Records.
- In the list of application records, click Decision > Event Strategy.
- Select an event strategy rule to edit.
- Double-click the Real-Time Data shape to view its properties.
- In the Event-timestamp section, select the System time check box.
- Click Submit.
- Save the rule.