You can configure the pyDictionary Decision Data rule to define the audiences that you want to use as contexts in complex strategies with multiple targets. By creating a set of preconfigured audiences, you simplify the design and configuration process of complex multiline strategies.
- Open the standard pyDictionary Decision Data rule by searching for it or by using the Application Explorer.
- Save the pyDictionary rule as part of your strategy's
Applies-to class by performing the following actions:
- Click Save as in the top-right corner of the rule form.
- Specify the rule context.
Important: Do not change the default rule name. The context dictionary rule must always be named pyDictionary. Save this rule in the Applies To class of the strategy in which you want to use the audiences that are defined as part of the pyDictionary rule.
- Click Create and open.
- Add an audience to use as a context for your strategy by performing the
- On the Data tab, click Add decision data.
- To indicate that the decisions made within the embedded strategy are targeting this audience, select the Is Possible Recipient check box.
- Specify the name for your audience, for example, Subscriber.
- In the Iterate over field, enter the name of a single page, page group, or page list property for the strategy to iterate over while processing the records that apply to this audience, for example, Primary.
- To set the label for this audience on the Strategy rule form, complete
the Refer to plural of as field.If not set, the value of the Access the data for each entity within as is used to refer to this audience on the Strategy rule form.
- In the Access the data for each entity within as
field, specify the alias name for your audience.This field is used to reference this audience for each iteration within the Embedded strategies shape at run time.
For example: If your audience's name is FamilyMembers, you can configure the strategy to access the data for each entity within that audience as FamilyMember.
- Optional: To designate a property that will hold the audience ID, provide that
property's name in the Property for subject ID
field.The property for subject ID must be defined in the StrategyResult class.
- Optional: To designate a property that will hold the audience class name, provide
that property's name in the Property for subject
class field.The property for subject class must be defined in the StrategyResult class.
- Click Save.You can now select this audience as the context on a Strategy rule form.