You can automate data management operations for a data flow with non-stream input by using the DataFlow-Execute method. You can perform these operations programmatically, instead of doing them manually.
- Start the DataFlow-Execute method by creating an activity rule from
the navigation panel, by clicking .For more information, see Activities - Completing the New or Save As form.
- Click the activity Steps tab.
- In the Method field, enter DataFlow-Execute.
- In the Step page field, specify the step page on which the method operates, or leave this field blank to use the primary page of this activity.
- Optional: Enter a description for the method.
- Click the Arrow icon to the left of the Method field to expand the Method Parameters section.
- In the Data flow field, enter the name of the data flow with non-stream input.
- In the Operation list, select the type of operation. Depending on the type of operation, specify additional settings by performing the following actions:
- Select an option for starting a data flow run:
- Select the Run ID option and enter a run ID of a data flow.
- Select the Run Options option and specify a page of the Data-Decision-DDF-RunOptions class.
- Specify the Get progress option by performing the following options:
- In the Run ID field, enter a run ID of a data flow.
- In the Progress page field, specify a page of the Data-Decision-DDF-Progress class.