You can automate data management operations on records that are defined by the Interaction History data set by using the DataSet-Execute method. You can perform these operations programmatically, instead of doing them manually.
- Create an activity rule from the navigation panel, by clicking , to start the DataSet-Execute method.For more information, see Activities - Completing the New or Save As form.
- Click the activity Steps tab.
- In the Method field, enter DataSet-Execute.
- In the Step page field, specify the step page on which the method operates, or leave this field blank to use the primary page of this activity.
- Optional: Enter a description for the method.
- Click the Arrow icon to the left of the Method field to expand the Method Parameters section.
- In the Data Set field, enter
Note: The Interaction History data set is a default, internal data set that belongs to the Data-pxStrategyResult class. Only one instance of this data set exists on the Pega Platform.
- In the Operation list, select the type of operation. Depending on the type of operation, specify additional settings:
- Save records passed by a page or data transform in the Interaction History data store
by performing the following action:
- Select the Save list of pages defined in a named page check box to save the list of pages from an existing Code-Pega-List page.
- Read records from the Interaction History data store by performing the following
- In the Maximum number of records to read field, enter a value to define the threshold for stopping the browse operation. You can also define this value through an expression.
- In the Store results in field, define the result page. The result page consists of an existing Code-Pega-List page.
- Read records from the Interaction History data store by a key by performing the
- Select a key and enter the key value. You can also define the key value through an expression.
- Optional: To define more than one key, click Add key.
- In the Store results in field, define a clipboard page to contain the results of this operation.