Configure the YARN Resource Manager settings to enable running external data flows (EDFs) on a Hadoop record. When an external data flow is started from Pega Platform, it triggers a YARN application directly on the Hadoop record for data processing.
- Access a Hadoop record from the navigation panel by clicking .
- On the Connection tab, select the Use YARN configuration check box in the YARN section.
- In the User name field, provide the user name to be authenticated in the YARN Resource Manager.
- In the Port field, specify the YARN Resource Manager connection port. The default port is 8032.
- In the Work folder field, enter the location of the temporary work folder in the Hadoop environment where the execution data is stored.
- Optional: Configure the Response timeout field.
- Select the Advanced configuration check box.
- In the Response timeout field, set the time (in milliseconds) to wait for a server response. The default value is 3000.
- Optional: Enable secure connections.
- In the Authentication section for YARN configuration, select the Use authentication check box.
- In the Master kerberos principal field, enter the Kerberos principal name of the YARN Resource Manager, typically following the parttern rm/<hostname>@<REALM>
- In the Client kerberos principal field, enter the Kerberos principal name of a user as defined in Kerberos, typically in the following format: <username>/<hostname>@<REALM>.
- In the Keystore field, enter the name of a keystore that contains a keytab file with the keys for the user who is defined in the Client Kerberos principal setting.
- Optional: Click Test connectivity to verify your settings.
- Optional: View the status of the applications that are managed by the YARN Resource
- Click View applications. The YARN Applications modal dialog is displayed.
- Optional: Use the Application state drop-down menu to filter
applications according to their progress status:
- All – Displays all finished and running applications.
- Finished – Displays applications with the FINISHED, KILLED, or FAILED status.
- Running – Displays applications with SUBMITTED, ACCEPTED, NEW, NEW_SAVING, or RUNNING status.
- Click Save.