Anticipate business events and customer behavior by creating predictions that learn based on the outcomes of previous and incoming customer interactions.
- In the navigation pane of Prediction Studio, click Predictions.
- In the header of the Predictions work area, click New.
- In the New prediction window, specify the subject and objective of the prediction.
- Start the Prediction wizard by clicking Start.
- In the Select data wizard step, click I have historical data, and then select the data set that you create in the Before you begin section.
- Confirm your settings by clicking Next.
- In the Define outcomes wizard step, specify the possible outcomes of the prediction by clicking the Properties icon.
- Confirm the outcomes and choice of historical data by clicking Next.
- In the Select predictors wizard step, select the fields
that you want to use as input for the prediction.To increase the accuracy of your prediction, select a wide range of fields to use as predictors. Do not include fields that are not suitable as predictors, for example, the Identifier and Date Time fields. For more information, see Best practices for adaptive and predictive model predictors.
- Confirm your choice of predictors by clicking
Next.When you create a prediction, Prediction Studio creates an adaptive model as the basis of the prediction. For more information, see Adaptive analytics.
- Optional: To change the name of the adaptive model, in the Review model wizard step, click the Edit icon, and then enter a model name, for example, Predict offer acceptance.
- Create the prediction by clicking Create.
- Review the prediction configuration, and then click Save.
- Optional: To review the adaptive model that is the basis of the prediction, on the Outcome definition tab, click Open model.