You can customize the type of data that is retrieved from Facebook data sets through social media connectors in Pega Platform to get specific content that is required to fulfill your business objectives (for example, user verification information, profile pictures, emoticons, and so on). You customize that content by providing the correct connection details to the Facebook data sets, retrieving the social media metadata, and mapping that metadata to the Pega Platform properties.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Connection section, enter the connection details to
access the Facebook data set:
- App ID
- App secret
- Facebook Page URL
- Retrieve the social media metadata for Facebook posts, messages, and comments.
- For messages only, enter the Facebook page token that you can obtain from the
Facebook site for developers.
- Enter the Facebook query for each type of metadata that you want to customize. The
query must be a Facebook Graph API field name that represents the type of metadata
that you want to retrieve, for example, name.
- Click Retrieve data. The system generates the final query after appending the default parameters of the metadata to the fields that you specified. The default metadata properties that were retrieved from the Facebook data set are displayed in the Metadata mapping section. Those default properties cannot be edited.
- For messages only, enter the Facebook page token that you can obtain from the Facebook site for developers.
- In the Metadata mapping section, add the metadata that you want
to retrieve from the Facebook data set and map it to the Pega Platform
- Click Add mapping.
- In the Source field column, expand the drop-down list and select the Facebook metadata type that you want to retrieve.
- In the Target field, map the selected Facebook metadata type to a Pega Platform property. If the property that you want to associate with the selected Facebook metadata does not exist, you must create a new property whose Applies-To class is Data-Social-Facebook.
- Click Save.