Restart a node that is unavailable by performing a node recovery procedure.
- Decommission the failed node:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Select the service with the failed node by clicking the corresponding tab.
- For the failed node, in the Execute list, select Decommission.
- Fix the root cause of the failure.
For example: Replace failed hardware parts, or the entire node.
- Recover the data:
- If the data was previously owned by the failed node and is available on replica nodes, delete the Cassandra commit log and data folders.
- If the data was previously owned by the failed node and is not available on any replica node, perform data recovery from a backup file.
- Restart the node and add it back to the applicable service.For more information, see Enabling decision management services.
- Run the nodetool repair operation.
- Remove unused key ranges by running the nodetool cleanup operation on all decision management nodes.