Standard File data sets support reading or writing compressed
.gzip files. To extend these
capabilities to support encryption, decryption, and other compression methods for files in
repositories, implement custom stream processing as Java classes on the Pega Platform server classpath.
To implement custom stream processing, ensure that:
- The input stream processing class implements
- The output stream processing class implements
- The classes are present on the Pega Platform server
classpath on every node that uses the data set, for example, by importing
pega-enginecode codeset. The codeset version must be the same as the release version.
- For custom stream processing with ZIP compression, the
java.util.function.Function<OutputStream, OutputStream>function does not replace the original stream.
- The classes are public.
- The classes expose a public constructor with no arguments.
- You restart the application server after importing the new classes.