Using the Tracer tool to view the order in which strategies are processed
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Decision category, and then click Strategy.
- From the rule list, select a strategy to analyze.
- Click Tracer to open the Tracer tool.
- In the Tracer window, click Settings to open the Tracer Settings window.
- In the Event types to trace section, select Strategy.
- Click OK to save the trace criteria and close the Tracer Settings window. Do not close the Tracer tool.
- On the Strategy form, click .
- In the Run window, click Run.
- In the Tracer tool, analyze the run results.
For example: By using the preceding procedure, you can analyze the following multilevel strategy:
When the strategy is run, it returns the following results in the Tracer tool:
The results show that the application processes the strategy in the correct sequence. The strategies started in the following order: S1, S2, S3. The strategies were completed in reverse order: S3, S2, S1. This behavior is a result of the following strategy configuration:
- Strategies are processed in descending order from the top-level strategy.
- A strategy finishes processing after all its substrategies are complete.