Variables are containers that hold information. Use them to label and store data that will come in the data stream under different properties. You can create variables by calculating the sum, difference, product, or quotient of two numeric properties. You can also create a variable by concatenating two strings.
- In an event strategy rule, access the Properties panel of a Filter shape by double-clicking the shape.
- Click Add variable.
- In the field on the left, specify a name for the variable that you want to create.
- In the next field, specify the first data flow property that you want to use to create the variable.
- From the drop-down list, select the operation that you want to perform on the two properties.
- In the field on the right, specify the second data flow property that you want to use to create the variable.
- Optional: Repeat steps 1 through 6 add another variable.
- Click Submit.