Follow these steps to create propositions that are stored in the system as data instances. In Pega decision management, a proposition is anything that can be offered to a customer. This can include things like advertisements, products, offer bundles, or service actions. Whatever is presented to the customer as the Next-Best-Action is called a proposition.
To add a proposition, complete the following steps:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Click New.
- In the New Proposition modal dialog box, enter the proposition name, description, business issue, and group.
- Optional: For the Active property, select the radio button that defines
the proposition validity:
- Always - Makes the proposition permanently active.
- Never - Makes the proposition inactive (that is, disabled).
- Within a defined time period - Makes the proposition active within a particular time frame. Specify the Start Date and End Date properties. The type of these properties is DateTime.
Note: The default setting is Always.
- Define additional properties, depending on the scope of the proposition.
- Click Submit to create a proposition or click Submit & add new to create this proposition and continue adding more propositions.
You can view the newly added propositions on the Unversioned proposition data tab of the Proposition Management landing page.