Capturing Cassandra metrics
This content applies only to On-premises and Client-managed cloud environments
Troubleshoot issues and monitor performance of the Cassandra cluster by gathering detailed metrics.
The following task provides an example for capturing max range slice latency. For a list of Cassandra metrics, see the Apache documentation.
- On the Decision Data Store node, download the JMXTerm executable JAR file by
entering the following command: wget
https://github.com/jiaqi/jmxterm/releases/download/v1.0.0/jmxterm-1.0.0-uber.jarFor more information, see the JMXTerm documentation.
- From your console, run JMXTerm by entering the following command:java -jar jmxterm-1.0.0-uber.jar
- Open a connection to Cassandra JMX by entering the following command:open 127.0.0.1:7199
- Set the correct bean by entering the following command: bean org.apache.cassandra.metrics:type=ClientRequest,scope=RangeSlice,name=Latency
- Get statistic by entering the following command: get Max
Previous topic Nodetool commands for monitoring Cassandra clusters Next topic Operating system metrics on Cassandra nodes