You can automate data management operations for a data flow with stream input by using the DataFlow-Execute method. You can perform these operations programmatically, instead of doing them manually.
- Start the DataFlow-Execute method by creating an activity rule from
the navigation panel, by clicking .For more information, see Activities - Completing the New or Save As form.
- Click the activity Steps tab.
- In the Method field, enter DataFlow-Execute.
- In the Step page field, specify the step page on which the method operates, or leave this field blank to use the primary page of this activity.
- Optional: Enter a description for the method.
- Click the Arrow icon to the left of the Method field to expand the Method Parameters section.
- In the Data flow field, enter the name of a data flow with stream input.
- In the Operation list, select the type of operation. Depending on the type of operation, specify additional settings by performing the following actions:
- Select an option for a data flow run activation:
- Select the Run ID option and enter a run ID of a data flow.
- Select the Run Options option and specify a page of the Data-Decision-DDF-RunOptions class.
Note: The data flow run fails when a run with the same ID already exists and you repeat it with a different data flow. If you repeat an existing run with new configurations, then the configurations are merged with the previous ones. The new run options overwrite the old ones, with the exception of parameters that were passed in the previous configurations but are not included in the new ones.
- Specify the Get progress option by performing the following options:
- In the Run ID field, enter a run ID of a data flow.
- In the Progress page field, specify a page of the Data-Decision-DDF-Progress class.